[tcb] Re: OT: When is the best time to visit France?

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:26:27 -0600

I have enjoyed my visits to France - the people, the food, the sites, Paris,
the countryside, even EuroDisney.  A couple of times we stayed at campgrounds
that have everything already set up for you - tent or RV, beds, tables chairs,
pots/pans/dishes/grill/cooking stove/fridge, even a free bottle of wine.  (You
just need to bring your own bedding and food.) We stayed at such campgrounds in
France on the beach and near Paris and in Austria in the Alps but they have
these all over Europe.  We booked our trips while we were living in England and
at whatever campground we stayed at there was somebody if not lots of people
that spoke English.  Here is a link to a company in England for stuff they have
in France:
http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/ecuk/camping_holidays/camping_in_france.htm

In Paris we stayed in a friend of a friend's apartment which they weren't at
but use for their frequent vacations to Paris.  It was really cool to live like
a native even if it was just for a few days.  Maybe you could find something
like that that will be cheaper and cooler than a hotel.

I know England the best.  And I've been to Germany quite a bit so if you want
to know more I would be happy to share.  The Alps in Austria were so beautiful
but it did drizzle at some point every day.

Europeans for the most part have August off for their summer break.  Everything
will cost more then and be crowded.  Lots of Europe can be cold and damp even
in the summer.

In the UK we had a guide book about farms scattered throughout the countryside
that offer B&B sort of set ups.  Those were very sweet.  Maybe you could find
such a guide for France.