[tcb] OT: Ghia update

  • From: Duncan <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 03:24:40 -0600

I fabricated and welded on a 1" tall, metal O-ring for the
heater-channel-to-defrost tube on both sides tonight.

I also discovered more shoddy work done by a PO that I have to repair on the
left rear for the rocker panel. Hope to have this side together and welded by
the end of the week.

Right-side body is coming together but no where near completion. Still have all
the smoothing out to do.

Pulled off dashpad and started sanding the dash. Broke two of the three pins
for the dash script logo but think it will be alright once it goes back on. A
little silicon will hold it in place.

Front-end is fully rebuilt but having trouble fitting stabilizer bar back on.
Might need a second pair of helping hands. Also glued sound deadener onto the
pan. I'm getting anxious to marry thr body back the the frsme but sadly it
won't be anytime soon.

Will pick up new front disks and bearings for front wheels tomorrow from my
FLAPS & should soon have a rolling chassis again. New calibers, pads, disks,
master cylinder and lines. Gotta remember how the brakelines run, though.

Spent most of Saturday night (am) sorting and cateloging all the rubber seals
and gaskets. Now I have a photocopied picture bagged with each one so I know
where it goes.

Can't say my welding is improving but it's also not getting worse. Thankfully
there are grinders. I will be able to claim a 98% rust free body when all is
said and done. The other 2%? Just the rust that has already started. . ..

I am buying tickets and entering every contest for a rebuilt engine at this
year's shows!

Thanks for listening,
Duncan

Ps. Freedom got new front tires today in prep for Bulligras! Woohoo.