[tcb] Re: OK, about that oil leak

  • From: shirley hall <vwbuslady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:39:28 -0700 (PDT)

okay, this is all very familiar, really.  at the classic, someone asked me
about an oil leak.  all over the engine compartment, thought to be from the
pully area on a type I motor.  the guy was from st louis and did not want to go
back with the thing leaking oil that bad.  for some reason, he thought he had a
sand seal on the engine.  he asked could it be changed without pulling the
engine and get him back to st louis.  feelers went out.  dick wakefield said he
had done it and could help.  dick went and looked and determined that is was
not the sand seal pulley that was throwing oil but  from something else.  did
not find out what the "other" thing was. point is...guy from st lois thought
the same thing denis is decribing, maybe and some else looked and said no it's
not the pulley but some thing else.  what did dick see that said, no, it's not
blowing oil from behind the pulley, it's something else? i was too busy to find
out the details.
 terry, got any ideas? sound similar to denis' problem. just wondering, could
be totally wrong.