[tcb] Re: OK OK The Kupkake Chronicles

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:03:43 -0800 (PST)

More of my 2 cents:  Heard all kinds of horror stories about judging and trophy
presentation.  Rumor last year was that in 05 they had like 1 or 2 judges total
(for 400 + cars in the show)and trophies were presented at like 9:00pm that
night.  And I can attest that the trophies last year were the plastic type that
you buy for about $2 in a trophy shop.

  I haven't figured this show out yet but apparently it is the locals that put
this thing on for charity and they know absolutely nothing about VWs.  What I
really can't figure out is how they attract all of the cars that they do.  If
the Cal Classic were organized this poorly they wouldn't have 100 cars there,
and in So Cal yet.  If Steve and Sharon had organized the TX Classic this
poorly they never would have had a second one cause there would have been no
one there.

Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}      Back in 2004 I trekked to the Bulli/Bug Jam
weekend.  It was great although a lot of driving in 5 days.  When Tony and I
made it to the Bug Jam we had to wait for 2 hours in line to enter.  We waited
till 4PM that day and still nobody had come by to judge the vehicles.
  It was a great swap meet but I think that it overwhelms the staff there.
Remember they don't call it Floriduh for nothing.