[tcb] Re: No VW show in Hilo bus trouble

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:53:27 -0800 (PST)

That may be one of the proverbial "old wives tales."  Book says do it.  I have
two very knowledgeable VW mechanics, one of whom has worked on thousands of
VWs,
tell me they never do it.  Last one I installed I didn't do it and it works
fine.  But then again, the instructions that come with the generator says to do
it.