[tcb] Re: New to the list?

  • From: "Fred McDonald" <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:47:58 -0500

Hi Amy,
Welcome to the gang! I love the names everyone has for their buses. I've
never been any good at it; I just call mine "the bus" ^_~ lol. A few of us
in the TCB are also airheads, eh, Texas Airheads. We're a loose club kind of
thing and we meet in Arlington at J. Gilligan's Bar & Grill every 4th,
Thursday at 7pm. You can check us out at  http://www.texasairheads.com/ Also
if you're not aware the Fort Worth Volks Folks (another club on your side of
town) are planning their VW show for Nov. 6th, at the Lockheed Martin
Recreation Center. You can find them at http://www.geocities.com/fwvf/ and
then there's the Air Coolers (They're totally crazy) ;) they call themselves
a gang. They have gangs in Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston and their biggest
gang in Austin. They have a campout and show in November called Novemberfest
( who'da figured) and they have free beer at their show! 11/13 & 14. You can
find them at http://www.aircoolers.org/  When I got my bus I had know idea
there were so many nutty (really smart) people in Texas that loved VWs. I've
only mentioned a few of the clubs in your area and I hope others on the list
will mention theirs. The TCB list is great; if you have a question about
your bus or what everyone's plans are regarding an event coming up just post
it here.