[tcb] Re: New subject- Insurance

  • From: "mprime" <mprime6807@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:18:23 -0600

Full coverage on a regular policy.

-----Original Message-----
From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gerald V. Livingston II
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:02 AM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: New subject- Insurance

Right now liability only with multi-car discount all on the same policy
as
the Chevy.

When I get both VW's running reliably I'll probably start talking to
these
people: http://www.hagerty.com/vehicle_index.asp

You get an "agreed value" policy so if you get creamed by a semi or your
engine catches fires and burns the VW to the ground you get a check for
whatever the agreed value was -- and you set up the value when you start
the policy. I'll probably go in the 10K - 15K range on each vehicle.
They
allow you to factor in such things as your own labor so the sky's the
limit
if you've done a lot of rustoration.

Their mileage limits allow for "liesure use" but you MUST have a
"regular
vehicle" insured elsewhere as your "daily driver" and a garage is
required
for the classic. I talked them a coule of years ago and it seemed the
10K
to 20K miles of annual SHOW DRIVING I had planned for the Rivi would be
OK.

G2