[tcb] Re: New seal for back window

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:37:59 -0600

  I replaced the seal in my 65 recently.If you aren't going to save the old
seal it's pretty easy.Just cut the old seal out being careful that you don't
drop it.After the window hole is ready for the new seal insert the window in
the grove in the seal and rub some sort of lubrication the outside of the
seal.get a cord that is about 3/16 in diameter and long enough to go all the
way around in the grove that will fit on the body.The cord needs to overlap by
about a foot.Place the window in the grove and start the grove onto the body
you can pull on the cord and the grove lip will roll into place as you pull on
the cord and apply light pressure to the outside of the window.The cord will
make the install pretty easy.It's not rocket science so just be gentle and take
you time .I use liquid soap all over the outside of the seal for
lubrication.Start on the bottom about the center of the window.
  It should be a piece of cake.

   Chuck,