[tcb] Re: New VW Bus

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:38:09 -0500

This !
Not what I was thinking...........

link:
http://hellotxt.com/l/LrTP
or
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/7_passenger_family_haulers/2009_volkswagen_routan_first_drive_review?cid=191
On Aug 6, 2008, at 10:33 PM, sammie smith wrote:

Just received my new Autoweek; and here is a direct quote, at least the best I can type it.

"VW MICROBUS LIVES AGAIN
Volkswagen is once again resurrecting the Microbus, this time as inspiration for a lifestyle vehicle aimed at the North American market.

Volkswagen had planned to reintroduce a stylish re-creation of the original Microbus in 2005, but the program was canceled because of spiraling costgs and a weakening US dollar. But now, VW management has renewed efforts to builod the Microbus in some form. One proposal is to base the car on the company's front-wheel drive midsize sedan chasis that will be produced in Tennessee starting in 2011."

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.
T.C.B.