[tcb] New Tires

  • From: a riggs <redvan71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:38:27 -0800 (PST)

I put on Michelin 6 ply LTX's (LT195/75R14) on my '71 panel about 3 months
ago and I'm amazed at the difference.

It had some "budget" 4 ply Cornell tires that came on it when I bought it
in 2000.

It's a much happier "camper" (sorry, bad pun...), now.  Steers much easier
(almost like power steering at low speeds)and isn't nearly so wishie
squishie in the corners.  Though they are a much stiffer tire they ride
just fine.

The downside is they were about $150/each from Discount Tire, but since
the low dollar Cornells lasted 5 years (and still had good tread left,
though they were starting to crack) the Michelins should last until my
hair is as gray as Dennis's and Sammie's...

Allan

--- Sharon Chamberlain <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tell us again Eric why these tires are better,how did it improve your
ride?

http://mail.yahoo.com