[tcb] Re: New Bus

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:29:37 -0600

O.K. it might be a few weeks till it's on the road. Just sold my 70 bug so I have some more money to buy more parts. So while I'm at it I'll clean and seal the tank, new fuel sender, new brakes, new shocks, new tires, new axle boots, new rubber fuel lines, new brake lines, new trans seal, new exhaust etc. It needs allot of cosmetic freshening but, safety and dependability first. This bus hasn't moved since 99 according to the registration and safety stickers. It will be on the road before any major shows like the Tx Classic though. :-)

I bought a very small 2 ton bottle jack at wal mart today and I have some ideas on how to make it a safe dedicated suspension spreader to remove the back wheels when needed. I'll post some pics when I get it done. It involves the jack some welding and a gorilla. =-O

Will Wood wrote:
He should just sell the bus to me since he can't take care of it.. ;-)

From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 4:32 PM
Damn thats what it needs..... a beer holder! :-)  ;-)

ATX BUS wrote:
> [...]
Seriously, can't wait to see that bad boy in