[tcb] Re: New Addition to VW family - Phaeton

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:17:49 +0000

Is that the one you sold to Tim???

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
When VW came out with those things the VW dealership in Longview borrowed my
survivor red 67 beetle to put on their showroom floor parked next to the new
black Phaeton to look like the red beetle black Phaeton commercial that VW was
running.  That was one of the first Phaetons in the US and I examined it
closely.  Gorgeous car with an interior that rivaled that of the Mercedes, if
not put it to shame.  Absolutely awesome car, but to get people to pay what
they wanted for them with a VW emblem on the front had to be hard.

As a side:  The salesmen hated my beetle sitting on their showroom floor
because all of the potential customers were spending all their time looking at
the 67 and the salesmen couldnt get them to look at the new stuff they were
trying to sell.