[tcb] Re: Need help deciding

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:21:38 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 1776 in Utah that was built by Ron Serano or something like that. He's
dead now but was on the samba for years.  Very bad delivery issues, good
engines.  Anyway, 110 cam, weber progressive, mech advance dizzy, electronic
ignition, bug pack exhaust.  I have plenty of power and never shifted gears
going up any of the hills to and from fredericksburg.  Point is a 1776 that is
set up properly does have the HP to pull a bus, however, I would love to give
my 1776 to oakhill and have them stroke it.

Before you give up on your engine, make sure you are getting everything out of
it.