[tcb] Need geniuses about oil leak.

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:44:39 -0500

On the way to Chuck's house after the Classic I checked my oil at the gas
station and the engine compartment had oil EVERYWHERE. After freaking out
for a while and getting him home, I have decided that it probably isn't a
severe leak, it just looked like it after more than a few hours of driving.
Anyway, from the splatter pattern on the top of the compartment, I think the
oil is coming from behind the crank pulley.

I am trying to remember if there is a seal where the crank comes out of the
case. I know that there is a slinger ring inside the case, but is there a
seal and can I repair it without ( oh crap!) splitting the case? I also have
a sand seal in there.