[tcb] Re: Nacogdoches

  • From: thingmon@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 20:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

Spent a week camping a little north of there, near Carthage, in June.  We
wondered what all that squealing was about.  We just thought some revenuers
wandered into a still, er meth lab site, er field of mari..., or whatever it is
they do to make a living up there.  Ha.

One night we got to see the shuttle and space station pass over us as we sat on
the shore of Lake Murvaul.  They had just separated and were still pretty close
together as they blazed across the sky.  One of the coolest things I've ever
seen.

Strangely though, I was thinking Slim Pickens might be riding one of them...
Yee ha.

Sorry, no bus content, just camping content and (maybe) a little humor, hope
that will suffice.

Dave