[tcb] Re: Murray's weekend

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:29:33 -0500

if i end up going, depends on a splittie deal that i am working out, i will be
there around 8pm thursday night.

but, no offense paul, i hope the said deal works out cause it's a real looker
and it's at a great price.

________________________________> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:12:49 -0700> From:
mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: Murray's weekend> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Eventually all the gremlins will die and Murray will be
back to his old self again and ready for another trip of a lifetime. I finally
got the Vanagon back on the road and will be ready for T@P. Emily and I are
planning on leaving Houston Thursday night and staying at the La Quinta then
going to the campground Friday morning. Anyone else going to be there
Thursday???> Denis Dodson wrote:> Got the new engine built. I did all I could
to keep my hand in it, but Danny at Wayout did almost all of it, I tore the
engine down and did some cleaning, but then it was too tight an area for both
of us to work. Danny re-built the Kadrons, which is cool because I had cleaned
them and "rebuilt" them before, but never really knew much about what I was
doing. Danny eliminated the equalizer hose running from one vacuum port to the
other and I was always told that I had to have that. And he ran the blowby hose
down and out the bottom instead of into the top of the right hand carb. They
ran the engine on a stand and tweaked it until it was just right.> All done.
Put him on the trailer and brought him home. Drove him to the Volksmeister's
meeting that night and to the Tulsa show Friday. Friday night we went to a
party where they burned a bonfire with pieces of engine case in it. We had to
move some busses. Way big and hot. Left there to go to the show site, following
a guy who knew Tulsa well and didn't know we were following him, so it was all
at about 50 miles an hour.It was alot like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. There was
quite the party there, too. Jan was coming the next day and had gone ahead and
booked a hotel room both nights and even though we were so close that we could
see the hotel, I was impaired enough that I, and several others agreed that I
should not attempt the dangerous 3 block drive. Warm and comfy in the bus.>
Good little show. I was surprised to see Steve and Sharon, Bob Smith, Sammie
and Beverly and Dennis and Claudia. Andrew, Debbie and the sweet little Emily.
Lou and Jane Conanza, and I'm sure I can't remember who all.> Sunday Jan and I
went around in the big city and did this and that and then got in Murray to
come home. I was just around the turn and just on the onramp, when my shifter
went slack and I had no gears. I rolled off on to the grass and wiggled it and
jiggled it and got second gear. Looked underneath and everything was still
connected, so I think it's just the shifter. Since Murray's Karma Gods had let
me break within a block of the hotel and had given me back a gear, I went back
to the hotel and lock him up and let the hotel people know that I would be back
for it. So, today I will take truck and trailer and bring him home.> This is
where Dan will tell me to buy the Berg shifter.> Overall, this is a hard hobby.
We could all form a stamp club, or coins or somesuch where we wouldn't have to
fix big old machinery under the deadlines of monthly shows. I have a Jefferson
purple 2 cent in near mint. Anyone wanna trade for a Uraguayan airmail?

More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™
Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage.