[tcb] Re: Murray is home

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:51:38 +0000 (UTC)

Woo Hoo!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:47:23 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [tcb] Murray is home

First of all, I have the f%@!#g E-brake cables and all the parts and the
instructions sitting on the lift, so shut up about that!

Murray is home. I drove him the 10 miles or so from Tark's. It was pretty
amazing to drive him and feel how solid and functional he is 10 months after
smashing in to a tree.

My driver's seat seemed wobbly, like a bolt had come loose but after I got him
home I look under the seat and  one of the welded and bolted brackets had just
torn the metal off. More evidence that the impact was harder than I thought.
Last night I fashioned a thick piece of steel and welded it in to repair the
hole. As soon as I have a seat to sit on I will put him on the lift and put in
the #@^*#! E-brake cables.

Don't ever tell a talented mechanic to do something "from scratch" unless you
mean it. Tark completely rebuilt the wiring under the dash. I found solder on
the floor, he had shrink wrapped, wire tied, and soldered all the connections.
He put in a switch that will direct the power from charging both batteries when
it is on, to only drawing power from the big orange Gerald battery when it is
off. He reinstalled all the stereo components, radio, amp, sub-woofer and put
in a new switch in the dash as a master power switch. He threw away all my dash
switches, but one. He even ran wires for a two dome lights. Murray never had
dome lights.

So, he is home and I am targeting for the Classic.