[tcb] Re: More on the paint guy

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:15:39 -0600

I don't see how he can do that kind of work so cheap.
I look at the price for the paint,supplies, utilities and all the tools
required to do the job.
Even if he is doing it for fun, giving his time away,
I just don't see how he can do some body work, match old color, prep
and paint 1/2 a car for $385!
Does the guy eat? Maybe he survives on paint fumes..........

Oh Yea CONGRATULATIONS on the return of the beautiful "Ruby"!
She will look right at home behind the NEW MAC DADDY garage door!

On Nov 4, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Denis Dodson wrote:

> I asked how much I owed him. He kinda shuffled around and looked at
> his feet, stuff like that. he tells me how he built up the crushed
> headlight area with welding and hammer, that it had very little bondo
> in it ( I could see that he had even preserved the sharp ridge that
> the rims need to hang on ) I said how much? He says...
>
> $385.

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.