[tcb] Missed out on Nac, other adventures

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 12:25:06 -0500

Really sad to miss Nac, Sammie, The pics all looked great and great weather and
a bunch of busses at Tejas, WOW! And was that your %#*! bus, James?

But I had adventures up this way. I went with Brad and Claudette to camp with
Mark and Tina close up to Branson. Howie only escaped three times and made
Dinosaur noises at tree’d cats. But that was too many. I am either going to cut
one of his legs off or leave him home. HE WON’T BE AT THE CLASSIC! Anyway, on
the way up I stopped at Brad’s and asked for his grease gun because there was a
bunch of noise underneath. He got under to look and he saw that Murray’s
steering box was moving, like an inch back and forth. The bolt that goes up
into the frame from the bottom was not attached any more. Brad guessed that I
have been driving like that since I hit the tree, what, 3 years ago? I just
figured that was how the steering was. So I drove it on up to Mark and Tina’s
and Mark used his big ass welder and welded the box to the frame.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I can actually let go off the wheel for a few seconds and it
doesn’t shoot off the road! I can move the steering wheel 3 inches and the tire
moves!

Driving home was an experience.

And, of course, I backed in to a tree. Just one more damn thing.

Big plans around the Classic! See ya’ll there.