[tcb] Re: Mirrors Part 2

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:39:41 -0500

I think what Denis should do for his trip is find a good looking blond to ride with him and simply hold a mirror out the window when he needs one.

At 05:47 AM 10/20/2006, you wrote:

Hey Dennis,
Repro side mirrors are/were made pretty poorly. The weight of the preasure to secure the mounting post is much less in the repros and most I've spoken to who use them say the start to go bad in less than two months. I'm told that one company (I don't remember who) is doing a better job in that area. The best are og mirrors but they are somewhat difficult to find and getting more and more expensive. I actually keep broken mirrored ones around and have an ok/workable way of replacing the mirror for my ratty rides. If you're ok with not pretty, let me know and I'll turn you on to some if you're able to visit my house and shop while in town this weekend.
Peter

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel