[tcb] Re: Mark, need your insight

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:50:00 -0700 (PDT)

There should be no difference between starting a bug and a bus. My first
thought is to check the ignition switch. In the past, I have pulled the battery
out of my vert and used it in the vanagon. will the beetle even turn over? Let
me know and I will do some more research. good luck---mark
VWTOO@xxxxxxx wrote:Mark,
I ended changing the gen. in the bus, but before I did, the gen. light on the
beetle came on. So while I'm working on 2 of them I also had 2 not fully
charged batteries. I found that a battery that would start the bus would not
start the beetle. I checked the starter connections and cleaned them. It is an
auto starter on the beetle. Will that draw more? Anything else to check? I
appreciate any feedback.
Brent