[tcb] Re: Look'n for Safari's

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:06:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

67 rear should be fine without a spacer.  The fronts likewise.  63-up front drums have a smaller snout.  You can
also get away with a little grinding on the snout and the wheels will fit.

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:17:57 -0800
From: atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think I am confused.  And if you think you are confused then you probably are.  Does that makes sense?  Probably not.

I purchased some 5 spokes but I have not put the on my 67 yet.  They are 15" which I know is 1 inch bigger than OG but five spokes aren't OG anyway.  I also bought the hardware kit.  I thought I was going to be ready to go when I get some tires mounted on them.  Is there going to be a problem mounting these wheels?  Do I need some sort of spacer?  : )

Jeff (atx_bus)
66 So-42
67 sportsmobile camper

From: Denis <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Fred McDonald <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:10:23 -0800
From: slammedcustom@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CIP sells them. Like $18 each. Easy to find. I dont know much about splits, but on bays, the rear drums have ridges, and do not allow the wheel to lay flat on the hub. Spacer is only about 1/4" thick. Sounds like an awsome plan for the bus.