[tcb] Re: Learning to be less helpless

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Help is always good.  Put a new starter on Shelley's Thing last night.  Quick
easy job, even pulling and replacing the bushing in the bell housing is a snap
with the engine in when you know the trick.  But I get the *&%$&^#$ starter in
and searched for an hour as to why I could not get the starter to work.  I gave
up and called a VW mechanic friend who diagnosed the problem in 2 minutes.
This was after I had run plum out of ideas as to what was wrong.  Sometimes a
fresh brain is a lot of help!

  Julie M

  aroney <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Will, thanks for the advice. I am only less helpless - no  to
totally go it alone, so I'm bringing it to a mechanic, he'll do this
disassembling, I'll watch and learn and clean and paint and order
parts and then he'll reassemble and I'll watch and learn so more.
Someday I'll be independent, just not yet.

Julie