[tcb] Re: Karma and Charlie Ford and 10 year anniversary

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:13:14 -0500

Better link:

http://www.vanagon.com/fun/stories/gift_of_a_dream.html

On Mar 16, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Dan Martin wrote:

I got this from the type 2 email list.
Some good stories in the links.

You youngsters may not remember the Charlie Ford saga of ten years ago. Charlie wanted to do something before he left the magic age of 40 in January
1997, ten years ago or so.  The story starts in about August 1995 and
includes a full one year odyssey of the USA.

His story and experiences show that VW Karma, and what VW Karma does. There is, somewhere, a better replication of Charlie's postings. Perhaps the
files were lost during the most recent server outage.

On this ten year anniversary, perhaps someone could point us in the right direction. And let us old timers remember and send Charlie Ford our best wishes and thanks for some interesting stories (I went to that trailer park
in Nags Head North Carolina and stayed a few nites during a Christmas
season, just to share a few moments of what it would have been like to
travel the USA alone.)

To read these stories below, I suggest that you do a 'select all' 'copy'
and 'paste' into a word processor of sorts.

Needs VW!!  http://www.type2.com/archive/type2/062084.html
Needs rotors   http://www.type2.com/archive/type2/063427.html

Karma kicks in again: http://www.type2.com/archive/ type2/067144.html

C Ford plays a part in the traveling hubcap:
http://www.type2.com/archive/type2/083318.html

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.