[tcb] Re: Just some brain picking.

  • From: theresabuckner@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:37:14 -0400 (EDT)

In times past I had that problem because of putting the fuel line close to the
heat ( intake manifold , head etc )

From: "Julie" <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Aug 1, 2012 22:10
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So a needle valve comes in a carb rebuild kit, right?  And I guess I
can try higher octane, you all are ganging up on me, but I appreciate
it, I do, I really do.

I am thinking that "bad gas" is somewhat more mythical than real.

On Aug 1, 2012, at 9:41 PM, Robb <wuzmop@xxxxxxx> wrote:

So if it's boiling and not dieseling, bad needle valve in the carb and
maybe too high fuel pressure, maybe too low octane is a contributor.
"bad gas" is a symptom of someone who really doesn't want to try to
figure it out. I've had legit bad gas once in 20 years of driving a Vw
everyday.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2012, at 5:00 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Probably not a cause of the problem:  but you mentioned "bad gas."  You
are using premium fuel aren't you.  That VW engine needs 91 or more
octane.