[tcb] Re: June 1st -

  • From: abe schlichting <gogretago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 17:37:13 -0700 (PDT)

most awesome post ever...thanks julie

________________________________
 From: Biggestdaddyo <biggestdaddyo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:45 AM
Subject: [tcb] Re: June 1st -

Here's the link to the Worldwide (actually probably only statewide or
countywide) Day (actually held at night) of the Beetle (actually all types of
VW's are welcome).  This is truly the most mislabeled event in the history of
events.....ya'll come!

http://www.vosaclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15581

From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 23:58:28
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] June 1st

In San Antonio on June 1st they are celebrating the World Wide Day of the
Beetle with a night show.  There will be awards for best lights or some such
nonsense.  I like
 the show being at night because then I can be productively working on a Bus
all day and then have fun with my Bus at night.  I am sure more details can be
found about this event on the VOSA site and on Facebook too.

Don't be deterred by the ridiculous name World Wide DAY of the BEETLE.  First
off, we, as Bus owners, know that every day is celebrated when one owns a Bus.
Apparently Beetle owners only have reason to celebrate one day a year not 365
out of 365 like we do. And second off, this show is at night, not during the
day, as the name would imply.  And I can argue that a Bus is both more fun
during the day and more fun during the night than any Beetle.