[tcb] Re: John Lennon and me. No bus content

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:52:31 -0600

Speaking of camping: The Bloomin Good Nacogdoches VW show is scheduled for March 25 this year. Same as last year. Assume you guys are going to get together for a campout at Mission Tejas State Park. Time to start making plans now. We are going to give a trophy for the greatest distance DRIVEN in an aircooled bus. In addition, some trophies just for the bus guys/gals. Also, for Dan; had a guy ask me for information on the campout before the show. Don't think he has a bus but does have a bug: Here is his e-mail address pariahsmirnoff@xxxxxxx if you want to contact him if and when you guys come up with any details about camping out before or after the show.

At 12:50 PM 12/9/2005, you wrote:
ya'll should of come to the koa after the show hardley anyone showed up. i think it was because robb wasn't there.

brainstorm: we should have a campout when it gets warmer. we can all sit around the fire and tell stories. i don't know sounds kinda old school but fun.

From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: John Lennon and me. No bus content
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:12:03 -0600

"Fatal Justice" is one of my favorites as well.
I have heard it a couple times now and still enjoy it.
I think it is the settings.
I telling of "Fatal Justice" after the ES show was classic.
Even with the mangled toe Denis was sporting.

On Dec 9, 2005, at 11:50 AM, Brian Denning wrote:

never really gotten to talk to jan as much i just realized what i said though in my last message. when i say sharon let me clear this up she was talkin' about the concerts with denis at the mountain home/view wherever show. those were some pretty interesting stories. i am sure you have some good ones to neil

From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:46:12 -0800 (PST)

You've GOT to hear the "Fatal Justice" story from
Denis!  I laughed so hard my face and sides hurt!
Still waiting on BlockBuster to send that movie to
us...its been PENDING for months!
Yep, Denis and Jan are some of the coolest folks
around.
It has been my great pleasure to have made their
aquaintance...

--- Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Denis you are the coolest, man, i would love to come
> up to your house and
> just listen to some stories and experiences you have
> had.  i know you have a
> lot of amazing ones. listening to you and sharon
> talk about concerts ya'll
> have been to is freakin' cool. since i am a baby
> compared to all you guys
> and haven't experienced even close to what you have
> experienced it is cool
> to hear stories like this.
>
> the fabubus is gutted out (bus content)
>
> DISCLAIMER: the writer of this is in no way
> attmepting to offend anybody by
> making references in age.
>
> >From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [tcb] John Lennon and me.    No bus
> content
> >Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:47:50 -0600
> >
> >Several times today I heard on the news that this
> is the 25th anniversary
> >of the death of John Lennon.
> >
> >In December of 1980 I was living in New York City
> and was as poor as I ever
> >have been in my life. I had arrived in The City
> only 2 months earlier after
> >8 years living in the woods of Oregon. I was,
> basically, an exile as a
> >result of extremely poor decisions and a monster
> drug habit. I had been
> >sent to The City to learn to live or die.
> >
> >Surprisingly, I found work almost right away, not
> enough work to survive,
> >but enough to keep me alive until I figured out how
> to.
> >
> >That day I had worked on a blue jeans commercial, a
> crewperson, nobody
> >wants to see a close-up of my ass, not then and not
> now. Afterwards I had
> >gone with people who invited me to have drinks,
> knowing that they would
> >have to buy. We went to a bar on Columbus at 72nd
> Street.
> >
> >It was fun and loud and then everything got quiet
> and the TVs all had still
> >pictures of John Lennon. John Lennon was a Westside
> NY institution. He was
> >commonly seen. He was a New Yorker. No big deal.
> >
> >You know when you see a still picture on the TV,
> something, probably bad
> >has happened. Every person in that bar walked
> outside, to the corner and
> >looked two blocks up 72nd  where there was a
> massive crowd and flashing
> >lights and TV trucks with huge flood lamps.
> >
> >John Lennon had been killed signing an autograph.
> The killer didn't have to
> >fight his way through security or use a high
> powered rifle or a machine
> >gun. All he had to do was wait until John came
> home.
> >
> >Of course, we were all stunned. The evening was
> over. I got on the subway
> >to go home to 56th Street. I got off at Columbus
> Circle and when I walked
> >up to the street level, I was surprised to see the
> same thing, big floods
> [...]

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the
mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://mail.yahoo.com

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/ direct/01/