[tcb] Re: Jeff is on a mission

  • From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:41:45 -0500

ROT weekend would not be a good weekend to camp in Austin, unless you are into bikes as Jeff sez.

WE NEED A TCB GET-TOGETHER IN OR NEAR AUSTIN, THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some thoughts:

City Park is easy in, easy out for those traveling to Austin. It would definitely handle a TCB crowd. And it offers close vicinity to evening activities for those wanting to explore beyond the campgrounds.
http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/emmalong.htm

Granger Lake near Georgetown:
http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=M275357

Been wanting to visit Stillwater Lake. Maybe Paul can offer some advice?
http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=M217530

Lake Somerville would be a good, centralized location for DAC, Austin and Houston members.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Somerville+Lake,+TX&layer=&sll=30.307985,-96.59626&sspn=0.136195,0.20874&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1&iwloc=addr

I dig Lake Georgetown:
http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=M275358

Sandy Creek is very remote yet very close. Yeah, it's a conundrum. It's also Primitive camping, e.g.: bathrooms but no showers or electricity.
http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/sandy_creek.asp

Pace Bend is well spoken of:
http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/pace_bend.asp

Let's do it. Eh? Okay, we won't count on Brian making it but what else is new? Did, dig, twist, twist w/a little salt added for good measure. I'm offering 2-1 odds Brian doesn't make it to Psychoblooie. >:?

----Original Message Follows----
From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>

ROT is not a good weekend here unless you ride a bike. We can look at another weekend.

I would certainly welcome a weekend of camping around Austin. There are lots of sites on the lakes, rivers, hills etc... I would think that all the local TCBers (Duncan and Julie) might have some suggestions. What I have found so far is that Lake Travis has the largest amount of areas for camping that can support a TCB atmosphere. There would certainly be some opportunities for cruising with some phots ops.

After talking with Brent at the Classic he thought there would be some support for an Austin event. Feed back is appreciated.

By the way Happy Birthday to Willie Nelson.

Jeff

The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian. http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE