[tcb] Re: Jackstands ...

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 02:40:30 -0600

No way I'm cutting a very stock and complete '70 to squeeze a type 4
engine in the bay. Very hard to go back to a type 1 after that.

I'm working on figuring out how to bend the dash back straight where he
cut/folded it to fit a "modern" radio so I can reinstall the stock
Sapphire XI A.M. only mono radio that was in a plastic bag in the back.

Galveston is the current plan. But you're taking about *me*. The anal
retentive, ADD positive, guy with too many projects and not enough time.

The plan was "running by Thanksgiving" so I could camp in it at my
aunt's house.

Then the plan was "running by the 11th" so I could drive to the HVWC
show and shine tomorrow.

I went out last night to do the 20 minutes of wiring I need do to plug
the motor back in and somehow ended up in the outside shop working on
the wiring in my 1/4 bath I built out there because having working
lights and power in there where I have the only sink with hot water
sounded like a good idea when I got the wiring tools in my hand.

I do have someone helping me when I have a few $$$ to pay him. He gets
more done faster when I'm around to point and say "do that next". It
leaves me free to answer the phones or work on whatever catches my
fancy for 15 minutes at a time.

Galveston seems like a more realistic goal for me. Or maybe T@P XIIII.

G2