[tcb] Re: "Is anybody out there" Pink Floyd 1967 ?

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:57:50 -0800 (PST)

No, but his front end is lowered and has very limited suspension travel.  You
would normally only get bump steer when you have normal or more severe changes
in the suspension travel, like when you have stock suspension and hit a bump,
or when you have something like an off-road vehicle where you get extreme
suspension travel.  I would think a stock bus with rack and pinion not
engineered just right would experience bump steer when hitting big bumps.  Bump
steer is a real problem on some rail buggies when set up with rack and pinion.

From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 9:12 AM

Can you use the after market off road steering u joints?   If you need
some help one weekend let me know I could come down.
I really want to do the same thing to my bus.

On 11/7/2010 7:55 AM, chuck wrote:
> The parts are accounted for except the U joints.
> oleblue
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Hayes" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

19:34:00