[tcb] Re: Installing new starter

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:04:48 -0500

how's the body work on freedom going?

From: whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Installing new starter
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:25:28 -0500

Finally, huh? The old one passed the FLAPS' tests but we couldn't apply enough
torque with our little, itty bitty fingers to tell if the bearings were shot.
There was definitely some play, though. And the teeth were shot. It was 21
years old so time to replace. I went with a stock vanagon starter. Wish I could
install a higher compression starter. I read somewhere that a diesel GTI
starter with an adapter plate would fit but I didn't want to go through the
hassle. Fortunately the flywheel looks fine. I surely don't want to open that
door.

How well do you know your celebrity gossip? Talk celebrity smackdowns here.

Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3