[tcb] Re: Ingram

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:16:11 -0700 (PDT)

Ken:  Thanks for the info.  Finally got a response from Charles this morning
and he says he is working on it.  Don't know why he hasn't been able to get a
bill of sale from the seller in GA.  I don't disagree with anything you say
about Charles.  Seems like an all-right guy and I have bought stuff from him
and sold stuff to him.  The deal seems to be that he has been stiffed by the
guy in GA, but my problem was the bus was to be delivered with appropriate
paper work for a TX title and I bought the bus from Charles.  The bus was
delivered with no paperwork and I'm sort of stuck and until today had been
unable to get any response out of Charles.

  If you know Charles you might forward your info to him re: getting a bill of
sale from the seller in GA.  I'm sure he would appreciate your help.  If I had
that paperwork then no problem.

  Charles' e-mail is oldgreenbean@xxxxxxx

  Thanks
  Sammie

Ken <velvetgreen67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    i know him and hes a good guy, good bus person, very busy like eveyone
else. if you bought a bus from georgia, they dont require a title for vehicles
older than 1985. i just did and all you need to registar in texas for a normal
title is a notarized bill of sale. if you didnt buy the bus directly from the
georgia resident, you need to find somebody in georgia that can get you one.
texas honors georgias screwy title laws and you get a good clean normal title.
that being said the simplist way to get your title is to find a "friend" in
georgia who can send you a bill of sale.

  i also have a form letter from the georgia tax commissioner stating you just
need a bill of sale. the letter says NOTHING ABOUT bill of sale HAVING to be
notarized. mine was but thats because i made sure prior to puchasing the bus. i
dont see why you cant take a bill of sale (non notarized) along with the georia
form letter and registar your bus in texas. this can be done without ever
leaving your county in texas. you need to be a little creative and take
advatage of the lax laws between states. you are doing nothing illeagal. you
bought the bus fair and sqaure, now just get a bill of sale. minimal leg work
on your part sammy should provide you with a title. pmail me if you have any qs.

  ken

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Thanks.  Didn't know there was such a function on the samba.

Marie Metcalf <vwmarie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:         If you look up maps for this
guy on his sales on Samba it lists "W Mayfield Rd Arlington, Texas 76016" Don't
know if this helps. We have to help each other and be honest bussers. Good luck
and happy bussing.

---------------------------------

From:  sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  [tcb] Ingram
Date:  Mon, 23 Jul 2007 05:49:31 -0700 (PDT)

  Bought a panel van from this guy almost 2 months ago and have been trying to
get a promised title from him ever since.  Will not respond to my phone calls
or e-mails.  Name is Charles Ingram and lives in Ft. Worth and deals busses and
bus parts under the name old green bean.  What I would like is an address on
him.  Any of our TCBers out there have an address or can get one?  Would
appreciate it.
     Sammie
     http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=482208

  Missed the show?  Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN.