[tcb] Re: I'm thoroughly bummed... the 23 won't be at Nac

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:01:48 -0700 (PDT)

'59

James

DAC
TCB
'59 23 Window Deluxe
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 Super Vert

________________________________
 From: Denis <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 8:24 AM
Subject: [tcb] Re: I'm thoroughly bummed... the 23 won't be at Nac

What year is your 23?

From: James Dwan
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 8:11 AM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] I'm thoroughly bummed... the 23 won't be at
Nac
  It started last weekend and has now gotten worse. I had to get push
started out of a tire shop on Saturday and
I thought I'd had it fixed yesterday but had to get push started out of a
show.

The starter won't turn. I removed the starter and figured the bushing was
the problem again. The bushing came out with the starter. I put another one in
and still nothing, I put in the old starter and after 5 attempts is started
fine. Now nothing. Robb has suggested soldering the ends of the wires to get a
good contact through the screw terminals on the ignition switch and headlight
switch. I'm gonna try that tonight.

I am wondering if it is possible the 8v battery is wreaking havoc with the
6v switches? Has anyone had a bushing come out with the starter? I never had
and
am concerned about that as well.
James

DAC