[tcb] I'm out for Eureka - had a little accident.

  • From: "Scott Garvie" <sgarvie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:06:29 -0500

I won't be able to make Eureka this year ..... :(

Saturday, I got too hot and dehydrated on the golf course and passed completely
out. Worst of all is that it happened while driving a golf cart. I fell
out....unconscious....at who knows how fast.... face first onto some gnarly oak
tree roots. The final insult was that my right foot must've gotten hung up in
the cart on the way out..... and my right knee is hurt...bad. Oh... and my
upper row of teeth hurt so bad that I can't hardly chew anything.

So... My face looks like hell, I think my nose is broke, I'm on crutches, knee
constantly hurts, and almost surely need knee surgery. :(

I'm pretty sure my leg won't be in any shape to drive, and I doubt my doctor
(and maybe me) doesn't trust me to solo a bus 1500 miles in the August heat. My
wife has already made her mind up about it.

So... it looks like I'm out. It's my absolute favorite show to go to. It's a
big letdown, but I guess there's worse things in life than missing a good car
show.

Y'all have big fun, have a safe trip, and have a couple for me. I'll be back
soon.... Scotty

GIF image