[tcb] Ignition noise on the CB

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:11:04 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

Forwarded message

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:04:06 -0400
From: Nicholas Stokes <stokester@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Radio Noise Suppression
To: Bug List <VintagVW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've received numerous questions about how to suppress engine noise
on a VW radio.

Because this can be caused by many things, I've scanned and uploaded
to my web site a great chapter from an old Sams publication that
helps in identifying the causes and recommends cures.

At the top of my web site you'll see "VW Files".  Click on it and
you'll be taken to a file download page with the Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
file entitled "noise1.pdf".  It's rather large but I find that
scanning pages into this format retains the detail and can be read by
most computers.

Cheers,

Nick Stokes
Dub~Tunes radio page: http://homepage.mac.com/stokester/dub_tunes

--
Need a place to put all the stuff you want to say that doesn't belong in the
email lists and forums you subscribe to? Create your own blog and share