[tcb] Re: ID early single cab

  • From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:10:18 +0000

There were two diff styles the narrow and the wide AFAIK.
I have seen both.  Euros were wide US was narrow.  Reason?  License plates.

If you could see the taillights that would narrow it down.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: sammie smith
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:12:36
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will:  Ok, you got me on that one.  What the heck is a Wolfsburg bumper and how
is it different than a regular pressed bumper.  Probably can't see it well
enough if it is some small detail different than a regular pressed bumper.

evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: Can you see the front bumper to determine
if it's a wolfsburg?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: sammie smith
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:17:52
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] ID early single cab

Can any of the early bus gurus tell me the first year for the interior rear
view mirror on the commercial trucks, e.g., single cab/panel van.  Trying to id
the year of a single cab for a local corp writing its history which used VWs
extensively.  Has a photo of an early single cab used by security force.  Has
pressed bumpers, side mirrors, and is not a barndoor and is a euro version.
Has a front Texas plate for 1958.  Conclusion it has to be a 55 to 58.  Only
other piece of evidence is that it has an inside rear view mirror.  Early
commercial vehicles did not have this mirror.  Knowing what year the mirror
started might at least narrow down the possibilities.  Help Peter and Will.
Sammie