[tcb] I should have tried it

  • From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:55:38 -0500

During the after school program where I look after 4th graders the kids are
allowed to and love to take off their shoes when we go to the gym.  One of
the kids who was running around  returned to the pile of shoes because his
pockets were full of toys and he wanted to put them somewhere for safe
keeping.  As he filled his sneaker with the toy collection he said that the
toys should be safe here because it is his lucky shoe.  I asked him what
made it lucky and he replied "because it is the one filled with dirt."

Last night the Austin Air Coolers played some mini golf at Peter Pan with
the prize being the Big Peter trophy.  I have tried many times to win the
trophy and I never get my hands on the Big Peter, the story of my life, and
last night was no different.  And then on the way home Donner broke down
twice, in two different ways.  I was able to fix him both times but now I am
thinking I should of had added dirt to at least one of my shoes last night.
Maybe things would have gone better for me.