[tcb] Re: I need advice

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:48:27 -0800

On the exhaust it depends on if your using a stock carb or something
bigger.  If your using a stock carb a stock exhaust will probably due,
if your using a bigger or dual carbs then yes your putting more air/fuel
into the engine you need a bigger exhaust to let it out to use that
bigger engine.

The sparks plugs I have no idea about.  I ask Doug @ Qualitat for plugs
and he hands them to me and I pay him. :-)

julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello smart TCBers,

I've got a few questions. On my '66 I need advice about what muffler to get. The Bus will look very stock but the engine is going to be a 1776 w/ dual carbs. As I understand it having a stock muffler will help to lessen the effect of having a more powerful engine. I don't want a super loud Bus and I don't want something goofy looking hanging off the back. Someone said there is one that looks stock but will work well but he doesn't remember the name of who makes/sells it. Does anyone know which one I'm speaking of? Would it be a good choice? Or is there something else any of you can recommend?

On my '71 I have non-resistored spark plugs. My local VW shop says that they are hard to come by. I guess NGK still makes them but Bosch does not. Is there good reason to stick with non-resistored over resistored spark plugs? Will non-resistored just get harder and harder to find? Oh and I finally have named my new home. I was watching Gone With the Wind the other day and it came to me: Tara Bulli.

Thanks,

Julie