[tcb] Re: I need a bus, too!

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:23:35 -0700 (PDT)

Anybody got a bus they'd trade for a 53 GMC 3/4 ton W/O motor.  The bus
wouldn't have to run, just look like it could for my POA.

a riggs <redvan71@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Interesting you should say that. One is
San Antonio popped up on the
samba yesterday... Surprisingly few in this part of country. Craigslist
has a few. LOTS in CA, OR and WA...

Some folks are doing some pretty interesting things to them. Jetta
engines - plain and turbo, Subarus - 4 and 6 cylinders, diesels. Even a
Porsche motor or two...

If you have 2 minutes, watch this video. It gets interesting after the
first minute...

More about that splittie...

Me, I just want a nice, daily driver wedge...

--- Brian Denning wrote:

> the samba has some nice carats. but if you want to spend some money i
> would
> suggest a synchro. that would be the only reason i would convert over to
> vanagon.
> >From: a riggs
> >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [tcb] I need a bus, too!
> >Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 06:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >After drooling all over Ronnie's class winning Vanagon Westy at
> >Fredericksburg, I can no longer resist these late night urges...
> >
> >Anyone know of a nice Vanagon for sale? I don't want a camper, just a
> >nice, clean, later model 7 passenger or Carat, in showroom condition
> for
> >free.
> >
> >OK... I'll pay something for it.
> >
> >Seriously... (is that word allowed on this list?) I'd like a solid,
> clean
> >bus, with a/c, preferably w/auto, etc. in good running condition. Would
> >consider something with a sick engine if the price is right.
> >
> >Allan
> >'71 panel van
> >'72 Ghia coupe
> >'XX Vanagon...