[tcb] I am not going anywhere

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:12:18 -0600

I am not going to Galveston or anywhere until the Classic in April.

I plan on taking Murray off the road and do a bunch of fix up. I have a new
cargo hatch to paint and put on. I want to replace the rubber around my driver
and passenger windows. I want to strip and repaint my dash. Take apart and
clean my speedo (how can dirt get inside?). Take out the front seats and clean
and paint the whole area under the seats (was their a planned use for the big
hole under the seat?) I want to hinge the glass divider behind my head. I wanna
finish the wood in the interior. Rebuild the pull-out toolbox. Have my wheels
milled by Andrew the Machinist Wizard. Do an alignment and set the camber. Run
electrical so that I can plug into 110 and charge all batteries and have lots
of power like Gerald. Build a storage system so that I can go camping in a
flash and not have to load and unload. Rerun my oil cooler hoses. Seal the
overhead vent so that it won't blow disgusting brown bubbles when it rains.
Rebuild my windshield wiper mechanicals and stop that leaking. Re-wire ( or
something) my headlights so that the dims are better than dull yellow. Remount
my steering box (one of the bolts that hold it to the frame is stripped). Fix
the horn wire so that I don't rip it off whenever I scrape the steering box.
Fix my emergency brake cables (there aren't any now). Seal the camper windows
so they don't leak in the rain. Redesign the lock down latches on my safari
windows (The windwing latches are too weak to hold the seal. I want a "dog"
latch that will allow me to screw down the latch). Fill all the cracks and
chips, fix the big dent on my passenger door. And paint the whole thing.

These are just the things I can name off the top of my head. I am sure that by
the time I am done I will have done twice this. If I don't take him off the
road he will just get worse.

And we have to figure out how to pay for next Psycoblooie's fireworks. I don't
have a bus to give away this year.