[tcb] Re: How did you spend your weekend? I'm in Brakes this weekend

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:09:01 -0500

i mowed the grass, trimmed the bushes, trimmed the dogwoods, washed the truck
and waxed the truck, drove the bus to lowes to buy teflon glue and weedeater
string.

i'm tired and going to get some food

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:55:33 -0700From: coitspoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb]
Re: How did you spend your weekend? I'm in Brakes this weekendTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well i had my buddy brian over and we were messing around with that free ghia
that i got, cleaning out 10 years of crap, parts and rat's nest. emptied the
shop vac 3 times and took out 2 trash cans, before i could stop for the
evening, we put a battery in it and after some tinkering and removing the fuel
tank and gas lines. we put a new line right into a gas can and after a few trys
got it started and man it sounded great, ran it for about 15 min. So i need to
pick up some gas line and a new cheap fuel pump on the way home and then i'll
be on the hunt for some tires on the cheap.
the last time that ghia was started was 1997, i love a good old simple vw
engine.
-jeff

----- Original Message ----From: "mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx"
<mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sunday, July 13, 2008 4:28:18
PMSubject: [tcb] Re: How did you spend your weekend? I'm in Brakes this weekend
Sorry I havn't responded sooner. been busy doing brakes myself on Emilys new
dune buggy. sounds like your doing a great job with New Dee.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx > I
had a shop do my brakes since I was lacking time to get things done sooner >
than later. We've all been there. Anyway I got NewDee back last week and after
> having the brakes adjusted, all the rubber hoses changed, new pads in the
front, > and new rotors ( shop said that my rotors were too rusted and
crystalized ???? > (Doesn't turning them take care of that?) anyway I got in
the bus, the shop was > closing so I drove off and I come up to the red light
and the bus pulls to the > right bad.. hmmm, not good. I got home and called
the shop the next day and they > told to give it a few weeks and see if its
gets better.. ???? see if it gets > better ??? > I bled the brakes to see if
there was air in the system. a little bit but not > to ma ke any difference,
still pulls to the right so I decided to order calipers > and I could only
think it was a sticky piston. Got them Friday and yesterday > took me all of
the whole day to get the 2 bolts of the steering knuckle (3 trips > to Northern
Tool), finally got them off last night and installed the calipers >
(reinstalled the pads from the old ones) and called it a night. > > Got up this
morning, Dee helped me bleed the brakes and things are much much > better, no
pulling and I stop..... wow.. > > The old calipers (the dust seals were cracked
and one was even missing half the > seal) and when I took the pads out there
was brake fluid all over the outside of > the pads were the pistons touch. how
this guy who installed the new rotors and > pads didn't pick up on this amazes
me... you should see them... I'm almost > embarrassed to bring them back as
cores. :) > > Nex t week end I might just be prepared to pull the engine....
anyone got a > procedure I can follow.... > > Trey > > > > >
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008