[tcb] How did you spend your weekend?

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:16:01 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I spent mine:

Cleaning my Garage (in anticipation of a swap meet next weekend).

Fixing my friends )(*!@#()!@ Bug.  He came over on Saturday for a *few* minutes
to put new
springs in his MSD distributor and check the timing/carb synchronization.  When
he drove over, his throw out bearing croaked.  So, in Third Gear he comes
slamming up
my driveway.  I think he left 1/2 inch of his sway bar in my concrete.

Sunday we spent all day pulling the engine
which has a mile of steel braided lines; breathers, fuel, oil.  He also has
traction bars,
mid-mounts on the transaxle.  Net Net, no room to maneuver underneath.

Cut fingers and all and after a while fighting with a POS
bowden tube, he's back on the road.  That killed my Sunday we just finished it
up
before it started to rain.

I heard a saying once:

"Friends bail you out of Jail when you need it.  True friends are in there with
you."