[tcb] Re: "Homer #2"

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:51:08 -0800 (PST)

I've been very fortunate with having room as most of my nonrunners are at my
parents shop.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Those were the 3 waiting to get
done, I still have the 84 Westy Vanagon, 92 cabriolet,and a  03 chevy truck. I
just wish I had more room.

Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I've got a 63 Beetle, a 67
Squareback, a 73 Fastback, a 62 Chevy stepside C-10, and a pile of assorted
parts that may one day be an RPU bug based rat rod.  I have trouble focusing on
just one at a time, which is probably why none of them are done.   My wife says
to start with the one blocking the driveway and then move to the one keeping
her from parking in the garage.  At least she has OK'ed each of them to come
and live with us.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     I understand, I have 3 waiting
to get done.
  70 ghia vert, 70 bug vert, 69 type 3 fastback
  not sure which one to start on first.
  all expensive to build!

Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  It would take a lot of primer and the trade of several current project cars.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   We could spray some primer on it
if that would help.

Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   At this point I can't
afford even a reasonable offer on something like that.  Maybe someday, but for
now my VW's fall in the Hoodride catagory.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Make a reasonable offer on it and
he might consider it. I rebuilt the engine less than 1000 miles ago,
straightened out the electrical, and replaced the pop-top canvas. The only
thing it needs is the shift linkage worked on, nothing wrong with the tranny,
just slop in the shifter. It was just repainted with the new flames.

Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   That is the coolest Bay
Westy I've ever seen.  I wish I had the funds for it.

Jumpin' Joe Barnett <captainotto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Tell her  about the
Hoochiemama, its for sale..

  http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=379314

  On 1/23/07, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Beverly is on this list!!!!!  The lady in Nac is a long time
acquaintance whose daughter played softball with my daughter.  She has a
husband.  She had a 68 Westy that was totaled by a drunk who ran a redlight and
she misses having a bus.  She can't afford a splitty and is looking for a
replacement Bay.  Please don't get me in trouble with my lady in Austin.  I get
in enough trouble on my own without help.
  Sammie

Lonnie Bergman <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

        So what you are saying is that you have a lady in Austin AND a lady in
Nac?

---------------------------------

From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: *****1971 Volkswagen bus**** - $2500 (spring texas)

"mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.
Please see below for more information.

---------------------------------

  *****1971 Volkswagen bus****  Reply to: sale-266600831@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2007-01-22, 12:01PM

3rd owner of a 1971 Volkswagen bus previous owners took really good care of it.
We have had it for about 6 months has run great, but need to sell for money.
Has a few cosmetic problems but for a 1971 car it is in good shape.
See pictures below. Please email me back if interested.
      Original URL: http://houston.craigslist.org/car/266600831.html
this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/jVWbh1GaAtmcjJ2cvx2ZsFmYl5mLAAAdW

Voted Time Magazines "Person Of The Year" for 2006!

  It's here! Your new message!

  Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real
people who know.

  Bored stiff? Loosen up...

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.