[tcb] Re: Home OK, you big math heads

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:14:49 -0500

what equation are you even using to figure that??? i used to be good in math
but i can't even figure out where to begin at 4k rpm at the motor what does
that mean the rear is turning? is that where the 3.667 comes in? so you devide
3.667 by 4000

some how i got either 1k mph or 7mph.

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:10:49 -0700
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Home   OK, you big math heads
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I got the 76.4 using 23.5" tire diameter.  You must have used his 24".  But
whatever, it's too darn fast for a bus, even if he does have a sway bar.

evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:  Assuming a 3.667 final drive at 4000 RPM
I get 78 mph (77.9)

The dog's motion is relative to the bus however if you measure relative to the
road it is moving at 78 mph.