[tcb] Re: Holiday work party?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:01:34 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

So, anyone up for attempting this tomorrow? Mark, work space? If I can get
it running tomorrow I can have it insured/inspected Monday and registered
Tuesday. Still might not be able to take it to Havasu if I have to tow the
Rabbit back but that's beside the point.

Oil DRAIN -- done (waiting on temp sender to refill)

Temp sender -- need to cut a brass plumbing fitting I have to create a
"nut" for it since it turns out the sender is 1/8" NPT.

Pressure sender Tee and senders -- done

Tranny fill -- done (took a whole lot more than 20 minutes)

Remaining:

Soft brake lines

Axles (decided to leave until all other "under bus" work is done. Really
nice not having them in the way.

Clutch cable hookup

Accel cable hookup

Gauge install (temporary lying on dash mount will work for now)

Wire it up

Fire it up

Adjust shifter (since tranny was replaced)

I'm headed over there in a few minutes to see what else I can get done.
Probably fight with the clutch cable for a few hours <grin>, see about the
temp gauge layout on the dash, and wire it up.

After I leave here it'll be a while before I see replies to this. I'll take
a break every once in a while and run over to the office to have a look.
Will be an hour or so before I leave here, still have to shower.

Gerald