[tcb] Re: Hippies

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:11:05 -0600

I figured Neil would get injured if we're talking about hating hippies. I was actually in a commune, but it was in the early 70s and none of us ever called them that. I never knew anyone that had flowers or psychedelic stuff on their cars. We all had to work or contribute money to the collective pot (did I say pot?) or you had to leave.

My hair is way longer than it was then, I never wore tie dye, but I do now, on occasion. I quit shaving one year out of high school. I take the fifth on smoking, never licked a toad (never was offered one). I like showers, I am extremely unemployed, well, except by my wife. I do love a road trip. Not a rasta.

I think the number one cultural thing that I miss from those days, although one could argue that feminism had a bigger hand than hippie culture, was women without bras. Which I guess shows that one can be a hippie and still be a pig.

Ah, memories.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil" <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>