[tcb] Re: Hey, ya'll! Brakes question

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:14:49 -0500

I THINK the leak was a cross threaded line. The ’63 has two cylinders in the
front with a small line that runs between. There was moisture everywhere, but
especially on the top cylinder.

From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 9:07 PM

I sprayed electric contact cleaner on them and used a MAPP gas torch on them
and you really could see the fluid coming out. I put them back in and made sure
the cylinder lines were not cross threaded, put the whole thing together and
bled them and then pumped the hell out of them and took the wheel\drum off and
no leaks! Then I test drove it and there is no pulling and the stopping is
waaaay better.

I will replenish my supply of shoes and cylinders and trade them out before T@P.

From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>