[tcb] Re: Help

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:54:32 -0600

What happened here?
Is the rivi fixed?

On Dec 18, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

Well, that was quick. And the reply came from Illinois. I have a place to
drop it Tuesday (or Monday if I can get my $h!t together and stuff cleared
up here at work today).

I'm gonna go adjust the valves when the sun has had a chance to warm the
parking lot a bit more so that will be done when I drop it in Houston so if
the guy wants to we can fire it up and have a listen.

Thanks Bob.

G2

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:48:46 -0600 (Central Standard Time) "Gerald V.
Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, I'll have to admit 2 things:

1. I'm scared I'm going to funk up the Raby engine again

2. I keep adding projects that keep me from actually working on it due to

Does anyone know who, in the Houston area, I could drop the bus off with on
Tuesday and have the final touches completed? I'd like to pick it back up
either Thursday afternoon/night or the Monday after Christmas.

There shouldn't be a lot of work to be done to make it a reliable runner. I
need someone to figure out why cylinders 1 and 2 are not firing and also to
re-route my Cyl Head temp wiring so it will read reliably. It's screwed up
right now because there's a short jumper added to make it reach the dash.
May have to re-balance the carbs after fiddling with 1/2 not firing.

I'm willing to pay up to about $250 for the work. That's 3 - 5 hours at a
reasonable labor rate.

I don't know of any shops here in my area so I'll drop it in Houston when I
head back up to Killeen to help Jeremiah finish what he needed help with on
his Vert. I'm hoping to arrive there Tuesday afternoon and leave Wednesday
afternoon. I'll be towing a Baja home when I leave there so I'll have to
come home before going back to Houston to get the bus.

I need the bus running well enough to make a test run or two then make the
3000 mile RT to Havasu starting January 9th.

Mark?? Maybe??

Help...

G2