[tcb] Re: Hello? (echo) helloooo

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 10:53:49 -0600

I have refused to sell cars to guy's who said they wanted to buy it for their teenager. After my Daughter wrecked 3 VW's and was hurt pretty bad on the last one I would not buy her anything without an airbag.

As far as maintenance goes my daughters Hyundai doesn't even need a tuneup till 100k miles no plug or anything just oil changes.

On 1/3/2011 8:51 AM, Denis Dodson wrote:

So, In case there is anyone out there, I'll start a discussion.

Chuck says his neighbor is looking for a Splitty for his wife for her Birthday. So, it makes me think of all the discussions at the gas pumps I have had, over the years, with people who say that they would like to own one. From teen age girls who want one 'cuz they're cute, to old men who want one 'cuz he knew a guy who had one in his youth, the questions are often the same as are my responses;

You gotta really like to work on cars. Not a little, all the time.

Are they reliable? No. Never get in one without a cell phone and a Triple A card.

Do they get good gas mileage? Not really.

Are they safe? Absolutely not. You might as well be tied to the front.

Where can I get one? Pay a lot of money or look in the woods.

How much would you sell yours for? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Let's discuss.