[tcb] Re: Heat in a late Bay... can it be done?

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:07:33 -0600

James, I have a Fan from some guys that advertise in Hot VW. You have to cut
in to the heating channel and put an in-line fan in there. West Marine, or
any boat supplier has them as bilge fans. You need to mount it pretty far
forward or they will melt. And yes, they are noisy, but they blow really
good strong hot air. I have a divider behind my seat and it will get too hot
in my bus to run it non stop. I have friends up here who have done it in a
Bay and they were amazed how much heat it gives off.

Do it today!

From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, December 11, 2009, 11:15 AM

http://www.vwheaters.com/
(bilge blower)
On Dec 11, 2009, at 10:36 AM, James Dwan wrote:

> Yeah the window felts that are on there allow cold air in and the
jalousies do too. What is the correct way to replace the felts? Start in the
corner or at the vent window?

> Would a bilge blower be better? Cheaper? There is a West Marine closer
than a Fry's.

sealing it up and keeping the cold air out.
> Ed Maikranz
>

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:16 AM, James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> So I plan on taking the family to the Prairie Lights next weekend (should
be about 3 hrs in the Bus) then up to Grandma's on OK for X-mas so i need a
heating solution.

> So far I have wrapped the main tube with solar bubble wrap twice,
tightened the clasps around the heater blower motor where they attach to the
tubes.

> I was planning on rebuilding the accordion tubes but that involves
ordering parts and dealing with asbestos rings. Which is no big deal but I
have a another idea.